Date and Banana Bliss Balls
by Dinethri Ramasundara APD AN
Created this recipe for Healthy Weight Week 2016 and let me tell you it was one crowd pleaser!
These bliss balls are ideal for school lunch boxes and as a healthy snack. It’s packed with protein and fibre to keep you fuller for longer. Plus it’s super easy to make so get your kids involved when making them.
• 1 cup of oats
• 2 cups of LSA (Linseed, Sunflower and Almond) mix
• 1 cup of dates
• 1 banana
• Fine desiccated coconut for coating
1. Chop dates into small pieces.
2. Place oats, LSA mix, date and banana into a food processor and process until all ingredients are well combined.
3. Use a dessert spoon to measure out the mixture into balls. Toss the balls in fine desiccated coconut until they are evenly coated.
4. Place in the refrigerator to firm. Store in the freezer for long shelf life.
Tips: you may use almond meal instead of LSA mix.